15 April 2014

The Face Shop Face It Aqua UV CC Cream

The Face Shop is a drugstore cosmetics brand in Korea, and as you may know, cc creams have recently become quite popular, especially in Asia, so I decided that I wanted to try one out for myself. 




The main thing that initially attracted me to this product was the packaging. It's housed in a rather chunky compact, when opened up, there is a flat surface with an opening in the centre, once you press the button, the cc cream would be dispensed through the opening (I thought this was pretty unique and interesting). There is a suitable sized mirror included, and a sponge applicator provided (sorry I forgot to photograph it), although I personally wouldn't use it, it would be good for travelling.

I have shade 2 Natural Beige, however unfortunately there are only two shades available which is quite disappointing, but it is rather typical of asian beauty products to have a limited shade range. The colour is a pretty good match for my nc25-ish skin, it isn't perfect though, as it appears a little pink-toned on me, but I could get away with it. 

The texture of the cc cream is actually quite thick, nevertheless, it feels very light weight on the skin. Unlike many other cc creams which tend to have very light coverage, this product has medium coverage, which I personally think is great as I do have acne. Although it doesn't cover all my blemishes, it does manage to cover most of the pigmentation on my skin. It blends into the skin really smoothly and doesn't cling onto any dry patches at all.

Furthermore, it leaves a dewy finish on the skin, which isn't exactly ideal for my combination/oily skin, but it can always be mattified with a powder, which I always do, no matter what product I use. The product lasts on my skin all day and doesn't really move around, as I have an extremely oily t-zone, approximately after 4 hours of wear, my nose would become slightly oily, but that could be fixed simply by blotting. 

I would definitely recommend this product, especially for those who are looking for more coverage, but still want to try out a cc cream. I think this would be suitable for most skin types, maybe not for those who are extremely oily or extremely dry. I purchased this product from ebay for around £12, which isn't a bad price at all for what you get. 

Be sure to comment down below on any cc creams you would recommend, I hope you enjoyed reading! x

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad price at all! When I went to this little Asian store in Melbourne they were charging like $40 for it :S.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thats pretty pricey o.o there would probably be better deals online :D

      Delete