5 December 2013

Empties #1

So this is my first ever empties post, I rarely fully finish a product, especially makeup, and even if I do, I completely forget to keep them for an empties post and just toss them out. But I have finally collected a few products over quite a long time!


Let's start off with the Revlon Nearly Naked Powder, this is one of my favourite powders i've used, although it isn't the best at oil control, but the texture of it is absolutely amazing. It is so smooth that it feels sort of creamy and velvety. As you can tell, i've hit pan on it quite a bit, however, I don't think I will be repurchasing it because it doesn't control my very oily skin too well. But I think this will be perfect for those with normal and combination skin. 

The EOS Lip Balms have so much hype around them, and to be honest, I was simply intrigued by the unique and adorable packaging. I have the one in mint, and it smells really good, it moisturises my lips pretty well, but I wouldn't say it's the best lip balm out there. I would like to try the other flavours though, however, they are quite pricey in the UK, so I would only repurchase them if I go over to Hong Kong or the US where they are a little more affordable. 

A product that I haven't stopped using ever since I purchased it is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, I literally use this every time I put makeup on. This is a great concealer for covering blemishes, however, i'm still on the hunt for the best full coverage concealer for my blemishes, because I would say this is only a high medium coverage. But it is really great for the price and performance, I will continue to repurchase this until I find a better concealer.

Primer isn't the type of product I always reach for whenever I wear makeup, but if I am up for it, I always go for the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primerthis primer isn't the best for oil control, but it is great for creating a smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup to glide onto. I would repurchase this primer as a backup whilst I try to find the primer most suitable for my skin type.

I instantly fell in love with the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray when I first used it, this product is quite popular amongst those with oily skin. This is a holy grail product that I use every time I wear makeup, and it is literally the best oil controlling product I have ever found! I cannot live without this, I have already repurchased it, and I will continue to do so, I definitely highly recommend it!

Finally onto the last product, L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution, I was using the Bioderma when this product was released, and I find that it is almost exactly the same. So ever since, I have been using this to remove my makeup everyday. (p.s. I do still use a separate cleanser at night). It hasn't been photographed, but i've already used up three bottles of these, and i'm almost done with my fourth. One bottle lasts me approximately a little over a month, and is a really great value for money. I have, and will continue to repurchase this!

That's it! I hope you enjoyed this, and if you would like to know more about each product in detail, be sure to search for them on the side bar, because I have done reviews on most of them :) xx

2 comments :

  1. When the Revlon Nearly Naked Powder came out and I tried it for the first time, it felt like velvet on my skin! Unfortunately I found that it made my skin feel all dry and tight afterwards so I never purchased it :P I have tried the EOS lip balms too out of intrigue, but I agree that there is nothing special about them, just that it looks like a sphere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh i see, yeah, but they're just so cute and dinky xD

      Delete